Thursday, March 29, 2012

Giving it much consideration....

I think that the project that I will elaborate on will be the the comparison of critical reviews concerning the first edition LoG to reviews relevant to the current edition.

Something that fascinated me was the vehemence and disgust critics felt towards the book and the misconceptions they carried towards obsenity and poetry. I want to look at the most brutal reviews and compare them to more secular reviews that not only grasp the material fairly, but genuinely appreciate the piece for what it is, the masterwork of America's greatest poet.

Some of the issues I will encounter would be procuring these reviews and the reviews of current time as well which editon of LoG to consider when pulling said review. I also don't have a great idea of how I will approach the project in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment